Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S not fully booting up can`t restore to ios 8.3

Hello,

I upgraded to the new iPhone 6s from my old 5s. I got my new iPhone on launch day, and the day i got my new iPhone, my old one the 5s, died. It doesn`t fully boot up. it gets to the apple logo and then just stops. After a few calls to apple, I was told that i needed to restore my 5s. Before it died, it had ios 8.3. I`ve been trying to restore ios 8.3 on it and i keep getting the error "This device isn`t eligible for the requested build". I`ve tried the ios 8.3,8.4, and 8.4.1 ipsw filles. I would like to keep it on ios 8 because i still use 11 and don`t quite want to upgrade to itunes 13. Not sure if i should throw in the towel and restore it with ios 9. Thanks 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 11:09 PM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2015 9:40 PM in response to AppleJohn8945

AppleJohn8945 wrote:

... i still use 11 and don`t quite want to upgrade to itunes 13.

You cannot upgrade to iTunes 13 as it has not been released. The current version of iTunes is 12.3.1.

However, you must restore to the current version of iOS which is iOS 9.1. You have no choice there. And yes, to get there using iTunes, you must use iTunes 12(.3.1).

iPhone 5S not fully booting up can`t restore to ios 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.