Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch as a hands free music or podcast player

I have a pre-Siri iPod Touch that does what I need except that in the car, because I use hand controls, I can't use my hands to operate it.

Would a Siri enabled iPod Touch allow me to play music and podcasts stored on my iPod using voice commands like skip, or volume up/down?

Thanks

Eric

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:12 AM

Only if you had a mifi like device

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/novatelwireless/mobile-hotspot-mifi-lib erate-graphite.html#fbid=95BAGZ_tIyh

since Siri requires an internet connection.

Your iPod has Voice Control which allows limited control for music:

Use Voice Control. Turn Siri off in Settings > General > Siri. Then press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep.

For best results:

• Speak clearly and naturally.
  • Say only Voice Control commands, names, and numbers. Pause slightly between commands.
  • Use full names.

Change the language for Voice Control. By default, Voice Control expects you to speak voice commands in the language that’s set for iPod touch (in Settings > General > International > Language). To use Voice Control in another language or dialect, go to Settings > General > International > Voice Control.

Voice Control for the Music app is always on, but you can keep Voice Control from dialing FaceTime calls when iPod touch is locked. Go to Settings > Passcode, then turn off Voice Dial.

For specific commands, see Siri and Voice Control. For more about using Voice Control, including information about using Voice Control in different languages, see support.apple.com/HT201936.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 1:12 AM in response to Ericdrum

Only if you had a mifi like device

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/novatelwireless/mobile-hotspot-mifi-lib erate-graphite.html#fbid=95BAGZ_tIyh

since Siri requires an internet connection.

Your iPod has Voice Control which allows limited control for music:

Use Voice Control. Turn Siri off in Settings > General > Siri. Then press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep.

For best results:

• Speak clearly and naturally.
  • Say only Voice Control commands, names, and numbers. Pause slightly between commands.
  • Use full names.

Change the language for Voice Control. By default, Voice Control expects you to speak voice commands in the language that’s set for iPod touch (in Settings > General > International > Language). To use Voice Control in another language or dialect, go to Settings > General > International > Voice Control.

Voice Control for the Music app is always on, but you can keep Voice Control from dialing FaceTime calls when iPod touch is locked. Go to Settings > Passcode, then turn off Voice Dial.

For specific commands, see Siri and Voice Control. For more about using Voice Control, including information about using Voice Control in different languages, see support.apple.com/HT201936.

iPod Touch as a hands free music or podcast player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.