Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 Macbook Air Firmware Installation Message Reoccuring

Hello all,

The other day, I was helping my mother (in her 50s) update her 2012 Macbook Air. Software had not been updated since the day it was purchased back in 2012. So I went to the app store and updated all the available areas. There were firmware updates and the new OS of course. Everything seems to have installed fine, but now, every single time she turns her computer off and on, she received this meesage.

User uploaded file

This leads me to believe something went haywire with the firmware installation, or something. Can anyone help me fix the issue that's causing this message to display each and every time her computer is turned on? Any help is much appreciated. I normally have more time to dedicate to trying to fix the issue on my own when its my computer, but because its hers, I can't spend hours trying to fix it when she wants to watch youtube all day 🙂

I appreciate your help and this awesome community.

Thank You,

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:22 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 2:05 AM in response to kaz-k

I actually tried both of those, I had the similar line of thought, but alas, neither of them worked. I tried just about everything I could think of and nothing worked. So I gave Recovery Mode a shot. In theory, recovery mode should just replace the OS and not erase files or settings, just simply install a fresh copy of OS. After that went through, it fixed the issue.

2012 Macbook Air Firmware Installation Message Reoccuring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.