Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive screen? 4s

HELP!

I have an iPhone 4S (I've had it a month, my friend had it for year or two before me), with a broken lock button. Today I was using it and tried pressing the home button to get out of an app, it wouldn't work so I tried repeatedly pressing it and then I tried getting to the home screen through assistive touch, which also wouldn't work! So I just went to lock screen (through assistive touch) and now the phone screen won't do anything! Home button does nothing when pressed, and if I hold it down after about a minute Siri says "sorry i didnt get that (or whatever it usually says). I've tried connecting it to itunes on computer but an error message shows up saying its locked with a passcode (I've never had a passcode!!!). Tried charging it and everything, I tried calling it from a different phone (didn't ring, didnt show anything on screen).

Any suggestions or links to people with the same problem would be greatly appreciated User uploaded file

iPhone 4S

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2015 2:22 AM

Try connecting in recovery mode to iTunes and restore the phone, to make sure that the malfunction of your buttons is not software related. Follow the steps mentioned in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

If this does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider:

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2015 2:22 AM in response to ellie249

Try connecting in recovery mode to iTunes and restore the phone, to make sure that the malfunction of your buttons is not software related. Follow the steps mentioned in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

If this does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider:

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Unresponsive screen? 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.