Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not send copy of Pages and Numbers via Mail

After recent upgrade I can not send any copy via email from pages or Numbers. When I'm clicing send it become disactiveted and the Mail is not open the new window. In the same moment also export option is disactivating so it is neccesary to shut down

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 2:01 AM

9 replies

Nov 27, 2015 7:25 AM in response to piotr2505

It sounds as though you are still using Pages '09 on El Capitan. The Send via Mail, and Export entries on the Share menu are intentionally shaded because they are headings in this menu. The individual Export menu items continue to work on El Capitan, but the individual Send via Mail items are no longer functional. This is not fixable.

With Pages '09 on El Capitan (and Yosemite), you will have to Export to the document format that you want to attach to your Mail message, and then right-click on that document in the Finder, and choose Share : Mail to automatically launch the Mail compose window with your document attached.

The same applies to Numbers '09 v2.3.

Nov 28, 2015 2:36 AM in response to VikingOSX

Well, I'm using Page 5.6.1 and Numbers 3.6.1

Before upadating to those versions everything was ok with El Capitan and previously with Yosemite.
The send menu in not shaded it looks normally I could choose format , but when I press button send becoming shaded and all exprt opparionation dissactivating ( Export comand is allo dissactivated in such situation)

Nov 29, 2015 3:37 AM in response to piotr2505

Thank you for the images. What you describe, and what is seen in your images, does not occur in my copy of Pages v5.6.1 on El Capitan 10.11.1. I also opened a Pages document on iCloud Drive, and it also exported as a Mail attachment correctly, just as the local Pages document before it.

I do not know how to solve what you have shown, and cannot duplicate the problem here. Does this problem persist after a reboot?

Nov 29, 2015 6:49 AM in response to piotr2505

Next, reboot in Safe Mode. See if your ability to attach a Pages document to Mail works in this boot mode.

Shut your Mac down. When you apply power, also press and hold the shift key until you see a horizontal progress bar. This boot will be slower, and eventually, you will be asked to sign-in, and provide a password on your Mac. After your password, and before pressing the arrow symbol to continue, press and hold the shift key again until your Desktop icons appear. Because many OS X drivers are not loaded in Safe Boot mode, your screen may be sluggish.

Does Pages allow you to attach a document to your Mail in Safe Boot mode?

Can not send copy of Pages and Numbers via Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.