Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipod touch 6th generation it's paired to my Merc C Class however my music doesn't play through the car speakers

I have just purchased an ipod touch 6th generation so I can listen to my music via Bluetooth in my Mercedes C Class, the when I go into settings / Bluetooth it says MB Bluetooth also the radio / CD says ipod so they are seeing each other, when I attempt to play music it only comes through the ipod and not the car speakers - any ideas please

Regards

Nick

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:34 AM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 12:18 PM in response to martland06

Hi martland06,

I understand both your car and the iPod touch show the other in the settings confirming they are paired, yet music doesn't play through the car.

Please check out this article, the section on "If you're using Bluetooth".

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I have an ipod touch 6th generation it's paired to my Merc C Class however my music doesn't play through the car speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.