Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina Battery Decrease

Hi all!

I have a Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch late 2013 model (i5/8gb/256gb), running OSX El Capitan, and I have been having issues with my battery of late.

I have only just received the Macbook back after having a faulty fan replaced (thanks Apple), however since I have noticed that my battery life has decreased from the 10-11 hours I used to get, to between 6-7 or so hours.

So far I have tried resetting the SMC, and NVRam (or whatever its called), I have disabled flash, wiped the computer and started from scratch.

The computer is saying Safari is using significant energy, and in activity monitor it is fluctuating between 7 and up to 18.

The computer is estimating a battery life of 7 hours at 85% charge with nothing open other than this page. I have also tried cycling the battery and the cycle count is only at 350 or so.

Any tips for getting the battery life I used to take for granted back?

Thanks

Callum

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Late 2013

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:58 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro Retina Battery Decrease

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.