Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro can't startup(can't reach login page)

I was playing a game on windows 7 when the screen went black (this was on boot camp). I did a force shutdown and tried starting up the macbook pro early 2011 computer up again. It would reach the apple logo load for a bit and then the logo would disappear and the computer would stay at the white/grey screen, unless I force shut it down again. I tried smc and pram reset. I would also note that when attempting to turn on the MacBook Pro the screen had a blue tinge to it that was unusual.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Early 2011

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:51 AM

4 replies

Nov 27, 2015 6:15 AM in response to ralphfromhome

Try Safe Boot:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- After your Mac boots up, restart it as you usually do.

If this doesn't help, follow the instructions below:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disk and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

MacBook Pro can't startup(can't reach login page)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.