Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have input the correct password on screen lock but the phone keeps saying I am input a wrong password? Why? Any chance being hacked?

As captioned, grateful for your answers.

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:13 AM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 2:42 PM in response to hennistong

Hello there, hennistong.

It sounds like your device is disabled after inputting the password more than six times on your device. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some troubleshooting steps to try:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If you enter the wrong passcode in to an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out and a message will say that your device is disabled.

Pick a way to erase your device

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase:

• If you've synced with iTunes, use iTunes.
  • If you're signed in to iCloud and Find My iPhone is enabled, use iCloud.
  • If you don't use iCloud and you can't sync or connect with iTunes, use recovery mode.

User uploaded file

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Have input the correct password on screen lock but the phone keeps saying I am input a wrong password? Why? Any chance being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.