Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M-Audio Driver Problem on El Capitan Mac Book Pro 15

Since I've installed El Capitan my Mac Book Pro 15 couldn't find my audio interface M Audio firewire 1814. Is there some solution? Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 4:04 AM

6 replies

May 11, 2017 1:52 PM in response to Balcan-Bop

any update? i have an old core duo 2009 mbp, I made an el capitan installation on maverick, and had the 1814 working for a while just after I did the "csrutil disable"( pt10 worked and still is working fine ) now it doesn' t see the interface anymore, not even using the ASR1 link (http://maudio.boards.net/thread/4/firewire-working-capitan-install-package)
so please any other suggestion to recycle an m audio 1814?(i have a partition with maverick too but now mostly i am on el capitan.

Jan 30, 2016 2:03 PM in response to Stas Khamraev

To disable the "Configuring System Integrity Protection", Start the Mac in Recovery mode:

[cmd] + [R]

- Open the TERMINAL and type :

csrutil disable

Reboot your system

To disable security extensions "kext"

- Open the TERMINAL and type :

sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1

<< After changing this setting you need to restart the Mac >>

_ _ _

From the installer (M-Audio driver), extract with " Pacifist " these files :

M-AudioFireWireBeBoB.kext

&

MAudioFireWireMIDI

_ _ _

COPY : M-AudioFireWireBeBoB.kext

inside the "Extensions" folder, in the path : System / Library / Extensions

COPY : MAudioFireWireMIDI

inside "UserEventPlugins" folder, in the path : System / Library / UserEventPlugins

-

That's all

Apr 16, 2016 4:13 PM in response to Stas Khamraev

M-Audio has really dropped the ball with updated drivers. Avid sold off M-Audio and lots of older equipment is no longer supported. You need drivers to run audio interfaces for the most part.

While the link by ASR_1 may get you running, but aware that it is not supported by M-Audio and may cause problems. Use at your own risk. M-Audio at its best had poor drivers, especially Firewire, support including being able to damage your Firewire chip.

Retired to the closet my M-Audio gear and eventually bought a Focusrite 18i20.

Best of Luck, Greg

M-Audio Driver Problem on El Capitan Mac Book Pro 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.