Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt Keychain files

For reasons I cannot explain, my entire Keychain file has become corrupt and I am unable to do anything with it. This all started with a change of Passwords on my MacMini Server (SSD) and every time I boot up I get a series of pop up files: OSX wants to use the "local Items" Keychain. - Keychain "login" cannot be found to store "com.apple.scopedbookmarksagent.xpc. (this is followed by Reset to Defaults). Then "Are you sure you want to reset your Keychains' This will delete........ You cannot undo this operation" Reset

This is followed by Keychain "lignin" cannot be found to store "localdevice158e2a9-4b4d-5418-b910-18aaf2eeb5ca-AuthToken" Reset to defaults.....

Are you sure you want to reset your Keychain.....

I then get OS-X wants to use the"local Items" keychain.......Password I then enter the Password and I get two spinning icons one the normal under username and the second a spinning multicoloured icon.

I then have three panels: A keychain cannot be found here. ScopedBookmarkAgent wants to use the local items keychain.... Then the last is a Keychain cannot be found.

I have found no way into resetting the Keychains at all and when I have entered KeyChain

I am using v.10.11.1 Core i7 Mac Mini 2GHz

I would be delighted to have some help please and in all my 30 years of Macs I haven't had this issue before.

Barry

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 4:31 AM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2015 5:00 AM in response to Barry Wilbraham1

As a starting point run Keychain Access, then tell it to try 'repairing' your Login keychain. If that does not work you may need to completely delete the presumably damaged file which is located at

~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain

If you then logout and perhaps even reboot and then log back in hopefully it will create a brand new one. A final option to try is creating a brand new user login account.

Nov 27, 2015 5:00 AM in response to Barry Wilbraham1

As a starting point run Keychain Access, then tell it to try 'repairing' your Login keychain. If that does not work you may need to completely delete the presumably damaged file which is located at

~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain

If you then logout and perhaps even reboot and then log back in hopefully it will create a brand new one. A final option to try is creating a brand new user login account.

Corrupt Keychain files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.