Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local Network upload is slow on Macbook Mid 2014

DISCLAIMER: All the speeds I talk about are lan-related, internet is not involved.

I'm on a Macbook Pro Mid 2014, i7 2.2 Ghz, 16 GB of RAM with 250 GB SSD, I still have OSX Yosemite (didn't install El Capitan)

Now, I'm connected to a router ASUS RT-N66U, which is a very good router, I can reach maximum wifi speed with any device (I have multiple laptops in my house, so was able to test it). I have both 2.4 and 5 Ghz WiFi, performing tests I can easily reach 200 mbit write/read wifi speed (router supports 450 mbit on both networks) with my other laptop.

Now, the weird problem comes with my macbook: Wifi download speed 280mbit/s, upload 10mbit/s (the computer which I'm writing on is cable connected to the router and I'm writing on an SSD, can easily achieve 850-900 mbps write speed), that's extremely strange!

It wasn't always like that, simply the day before I had full wifi speed (let's say 280-300mbits) and the day after, when I woke up, macbook started having wifi speed limited to 10 mbits.

The worst thing, however, happens on cable (thunderbird official adapter connected with ethernet cable). Writing a file on the same computer, I can reach 100 mbit write speed and 800 mbit read speed (I have a gigabit lan). How's possible such a difference? The same computer reaches maximum speed on upload and download when dealing with the other laptop while being cable connected.

I tried resetting network preference or such, but couldn't fix it.

Any suggestion?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:27 AM

There are no replies.

Local Network upload is slow on Macbook Mid 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.