Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to close Pop up without restart on Safari?

Ok, i know this has been asked before but seriously, i've checked and there is no good answer out there.

C'mon apple is some enormous tech giant and yet simple things like they can't even fix.

I'm talking about those pop up windows informing you something is wrong with your computer. Sometimes you press okay and it goes away but other times they add in many empty lines of text to make the ok button out of the screen furthermore the "do not show again" check box never comes up or just can't be seen. I'm normally in the middle of watching some video or reading and these appear and you have to restart safari. Seriously?

1 pop up and bam you got to restart your browser... Wow.

Seriously is there a way to fix this? It's pretty sad that Safari is so vulnerable.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:06 AM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2015 3:55 AM in response to Kane H

iOS

1. Reset the iPad/iPhone

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on your iPad.

Simultaneously press and hold down the “Home” button” until the screen turns off.

Turn it back on.

2. Clear information from your device

iOS 7

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History > Clear Cookies and Data Clear

iOS 8/9

Tap Settings > Safari >“Clear History” and then tap “Clear History and Website Data ”.

Tap “Clear”.

OS X

1. Force Quit Safari.

Force Quit .

Press command + option + esc keys together at the same time. Wait.

When Force Quit window appears, select Safari if not already.

Press Force Quit button at the bottom of the window. Wait.

Safari will quit.

2. Relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

This will launch Safari in Safe Mode.

The scam page that crashed Safari will not return.

Nov 28, 2015 12:39 AM in response to thunderzzz

Like i said you can't click "ok"

The reason Safari is vulnerable is because 1 pop up and you have to force quit safari and stop everything you were doing.

Either the ok button just makes the pop up reappear and the "don't show again" check box never appears or they added in extra text and you can't see the ok button. I would think apple with its billions of dollars would at least solve something one reason programmer and do.

How to close Pop up without restart on Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.