Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts issue?

Hi there, since updated to IOS 9.1, a "#" appears between contacts with a Greek starting letter. Is there a way to remove that?

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:22 AM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Alexmdop

User uploaded file

I'm still having this contact sorting issue even after updating to ios 9.2, so I'll try to be more precise.

I'm using english language settings and the contact list while browsing the contacts with greek letters it shows as the pic above.

When I switch to greek language settings the contact list is sorted with the greek letters first and the english after, with the "#" appearing only in between different starting characters (only the greek ones).

Another issue is when I switch back to english language the sorting stays as in a greek language, but when I add a new contact with greek starting letter it goes to the bottom of the contact list! (after the english ones).

After I switch contacts OFF from icloud settings, I end up to the issue on the pic above.

All contacts are synched only from icloud, and when I add contacts from another group such as yahoo, the problem is solved, BUT thats not the sollution for me because I want to use yahoo contacts for other tasks.

Anyone else having this issue?

Tried reseting, re-installing ios, but nothing changed.

The icloud list on icloud.com doesnt appear to have that issue.

Thanks in advance.

Contacts issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.