Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thesis schedule

πŸ™‚

Is there a good template for scheduling the many tasks I have to do for my thesis? There are so many things to do, to read, to write ...! I know that some people use Gann charts, and I'm very open to the idea. I've read that some people use Excel, though I don't know if they make Gann charts in Excel. Anyway, I'm wondering what cool ideas are out there. Can anyone suggest something? Apps are an option too though I haven't looked in the App Store.

I have a mid-2015 11" MacBook Air with El Capitan 10.11.1 and Numbers 3.6.1 (2566).

Thanks much

πŸ™‚

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:50 PM

It is possible to do Gantt charts with Numbers. However, for such big project as a thesis, you may be happier with dedicated project management software. A search for "project management software mac" will yield some good results. Also, specifically for large writing projects, you may find Scrivener to be a good choice.

SG

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 6:50 PM in response to troysantos

It is possible to do Gantt charts with Numbers. However, for such big project as a thesis, you may be happier with dedicated project management software. A search for "project management software mac" will yield some good results. Also, specifically for large writing projects, you may find Scrivener to be a good choice.

SG

Nov 27, 2015 5:27 PM in response to troysantos

Just thought of another app that I find really useful: Aeon Timeline. It was originally designed for writers, but lawyers and managers of small projects report high satisfaction. I understand that a new version with more project management features is imminent.

I think Wayne meant to link to a thread, probably the most viewed and longest thread ever on the Numbers for Mac discussions. Unfortunately I can't find it so maybe Wayne has the link.

SG

Nov 27, 2015 8:06 PM in response to Wayne Contello

πŸ™‚

Wow that was a marathon thread, which quickly veered from the OP's question!! Jerrold isn't responding to the thread anymore! I suppose he's either sick to death of all the requests for the Gantt chart template ... or is so rich he's lounging on every beach in Florida smokin' every Cuban stogie he can find!

I'd love to have the template too, so if anyone can me one, "I'll gladly repay you ... on Tuesday" (an insider joke that only Three Stooges fans will get πŸ™‚)

As for making sure my email address shows up in my profile ... I don't get it. When I go to the page where I edit my profile, my email address shows up in red, and is indicated as required. But I thought that maybe it won't just show up to anyone who goes to my profile, so I looked at a few other people's and sure enough, I didn't see their email addresses. So, I don't know how I can get my email address in my profile in case someone might send me the template.

Anyway, as for my own immediate purposes, I'm interested in the project management software. I've seen Tom's Planner, and in the first or second page of the marathon thread, someone mentioned that they liked it so I'll see if it's any good. The service people tell me that it works with Mac / Firefox. Also, I'll look at Aeon Timeline and Open Pro.

Thanks a ton guys

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Nov 28, 2015 6:46 PM in response to SGIII

πŸ™‚

Thanks SG. Got the email address in there. So if it's possible that I can get a template for Jerrold's Gantt chart, that'd be great. Talking with a friend last night about using a spreadsheet to make a Gantt chart ... boy I didn't realize how easy it probably is. But I'm trying out Tom's Planner and liking it, so for now I'll go with that.

πŸ™‚

thesis schedule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.