Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manually lock my macbook pro retina?

I have always used Windows where I know I can click on Windows Key + L but I can't seem to find an equally quick way to do this with the Macbook Pro Retina. Can anyone offer a simple answer?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:48 AM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2015 6:10 AM in response to Beamsley

Go into your system preferences, Desktop and Screen Saver. Click the Screen Saver tab, and click the Hot Corners button (bottom right). You can pick a corner to make a hot corner that will activate your Screen Saver. Then go to the Security and Privacy pane in System Preferences and check the box that says Require password, set the dropdown menu to immediately after sleep or screen saver begins.

I chose the upper right corner to be the hot corner, you just have to "throw" your cursor to the corner and your screensaver will start up and need your password to unlock it.

Nov 27, 2015 6:37 AM in response to Beamsley

Another suggestion would be to open the Keychain Access app located in the Utilities folder, then select Preferences->General and check the “Show keychain status in menu bar” box. A padlock icon will appear on the top menu bar. Click on that padlock icon and you will see options to lock the screen, lock the keychain, etc. You will not have to deal with Hot Corners.

How do I manually lock my macbook pro retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.