Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i have different files for different desktops!?

Ok, so on mission control how do i make something like this? I want one desktop to be web browsing and animation creation, desktop 2 to be music creation and desktop 3 to be photography. I want different files so i can have on the desktop for example photobooth on the desktop on the 3rd screen and not have it on the 2nd desktop. How do i acheive this? Thanks!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:12 AM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 2:52 PM in response to hocakes

Hi hocakes,
You would be using Spaces to have different desktops and separation of apps. Let's go over what specifically you will be doing.
So for starters, create the multiple spaces that you need for your setup. You do that by opening Mission Control and then click on plus(+) button in the upper right hand corner.
User uploaded file
Start with the first space and open the apps for web browsing, and animation creation. Right Click on the app to bring up the shortcut menu, click Options, then click Assign To This Desktop. Then just repeat with the other apps and spaces. Take a look at the article below for more information.
OS X El Capitan: Work in multiple spaces
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21872

Have a good day.

How do i have different files for different desktops!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.