Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

have virus on my computer that taking up all my internal memory. Is there software out there to fix this or do I have to go to the apple store?

I have a I mac. I have a virus that taking up all my internal memory. Is there software to fix this?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 8:22 AM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2015 8:29 AM in response to glocoleman

It won't be a virus causing your problem - there are currently no viruses 'in the wild' that affect OS X. Can you elaborate on what the problem is? Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder should show what processes are running and what is gobbling up your RAM.

Also, how much RAM do you have installed on your computer? Going to the Apple Menu and selecting 'About this Mac' will show the amount installed. Lack of RAM could be a cause of slowdowns.

It's also possible that you have some incompatible software causing the problem, or even some software that is known to cause havoc with otherwise healthy Macs. You could download and run EtreCheck and post the contents of its report here - it may reveal potential causes:

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

have virus on my computer that taking up all my internal memory. Is there software out there to fix this or do I have to go to the apple store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.