Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to use old i4 for imessaging/ touch how do you get rid of the Waiting for Activation message for imessage

trying to use old i4 for imessaging/ touch.

how do you get rid of the Waiting for Activation message for imessage. I am on wifi. I do not have a phone number for the phone but I could use my own cell if I could figure out how to put it in. This is for my daughter to be able to use like a touch.

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:52 AM

Without a phone number for the phone, it won't activate iMessage. iPhones need to send an SMS to activate iMessage.

4 replies

Nov 27, 2015 9:04 AM in response to janicefromindianapolis

janicefromindianapolis wrote:

Thank you. It used to work and then quit. Maybe when we upgraded our real cell phones it kicked this out. It had been used like a touch for the past 2 years.

Yes, if it had been activated on the phone while the phone was still active with your carrier, it would have continued to work until you de-activated it.

trying to use old i4 for imessaging/ touch how do you get rid of the Waiting for Activation message for imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.