Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting from pages to pdf

When I convert a document from pages to pdf which includes photos, I find that the quality of the photos is not nearly as good as on the original pages document. When I convert on my mac 10.11.1 I use file-export to-pdf- image quality best. Is there anything else I can do?

imac

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 9:19 AM

6 replies

Nov 27, 2015 9:28 AM in response to Barb Urqy

You can ensure that each selected image does not have drop shadows enabled in the respective Format panel : Style tab. Adding image border picture frames with shadows won't help either. When viewing your PDF on the iMac, you might consider before and after image quality by selecting/deselecting the Use of LCD font smoothing in System Preferences : General panel.

You can also try File menu : Print… : PDF : Save as PDF for comparison.

Nov 27, 2015 5:26 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your assistance. I did not use any of the adjustments that you mentioned, only added the jpg. to pages. I did the same process using notes and exporting to pdf and the image was clearer but of course notes is not so receptive to adding text etc. to the page. Maybe I am being too picky but to my mind the image is more blurry on the pdf created when using pages. Maybe there is a publisher type program that would be better for my use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Barb

Sep 30, 2016 11:40 PM in response to jwillits

Guess you can add Image Fill in Tables to my list of reduced resolution output.

The New! Unimproved! iWork Apps are awful on so many levels. If you Copy/Paste anything to another App with clipboard from Pages 5 or 6 that also rendered to a low res png.

If you can use Pages '09 which still works well.

No need for the Glass Half Full aka the Half Pint o' Scuses.

Peter

Converting from pages to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.