Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Problems

So I decided to use bootcamp on my macbook pro, mid 2012. I had an activated iso image of all windows 7 versions in one. I created my usb as an install disk, and partitioned my hard disk. When the partition was complete, it restarted and went to a black screen where it said "no bootable devices - insert boot disk or something something i can't remember." So i shut my mac down, held the option key, clicked on the windows drive and it still didnt work, so I just switched back to os x for now. I still have the partition, but I'm not sure whats wrong, and why i can't download windows...? My bootcamp partition got 79 gb, while the rest is with the OS X. Im running el capitan by the way.. Also, just for future reference... How in the world do I get rid of my bootcamp partition and give all the gb back to my original OS X partition... Also, my bootcamp assistant is saying some weird things now? Thanks in advance 🙂

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 9:19 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 9:27 AM in response to rish1420

1. Download a single version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/home as appropriate, as an ISO file. Mixed version discs/ISOs cause problems.

2. Your 2012 Mac supports installing Windows using either a USB+DVD or a USB installer built by BC Assistant. The USB should be a USB2 flash drive.

3. Run BCA, check the first two options and create a USB Installer once. This can be re-used multiple times and the USB should be preserved for future use.

4. If you still want to install Windows, use this USB and boot up from it using Alt/Option key and choose the Bootcamp partition (not other partitions should be chosen, otherwise you will lose OSX and data). Install Windows after you format the BCA-created FAT32 partition to NTFS. Please also see https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/assistant/6.0/ as necessary.

Bootcamp Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.