Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 4gen TV- slideshow keeps shuffling

4th Gen Apple TV-- the photo slideshow is turned to Shuffle Off-- After about 20 or so pictures the shuffle starts and gets the pictures out of the order I need to present... Any other setting that may be hidden??

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:06 AM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2015 10:17 AM in response to road3682

Hmmm - I've gotten real grief from my better half about this one!

As the ATV4 is downloading images from the iCloud library, I believe it's a caching issue and, depending on the size of the photos concerned, when the cache is full, the ATV will repeat images until it can download a bunch of new photos. Additionally, after about 15 - 20 minutes, I have found that images are replaced with blank screens. Worse still, as time goes on, the repeats / blank screens get more and more frequent until the slide show becomes unwatchable! I have reported this problem to Apple through product feedback, but it wouldn't hurt if you (and everyone else suffering the same problem) report the same. Maybe Apple will listen if enough people annoy them with the same problem...

Apple 4gen TV- slideshow keeps shuffling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.