Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the 4th gen apple tv not compatible with the iphone remote app?

Is this just a current problem or will this not be supported in the future? This is a major shortcoming and is extremely annoying especially when it comes to the onscreen keyboard. I thought apple was all about simplifying things. Why do I need an additional remote then now?

Apple TV, Apple TV 4th Generation

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 12:12 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 1:06 PM in response to bk2501

Clearly, Apple wants everyone to embrace the new Siri remote, which is great for some things. But like you, many of us can't recommend the ATV4 until the Remote app is updated or there is some means to input text that is far superior to the current onscreen hunt and peck approach - which is both maddening and insecure. Entering login credentials is one thing, and clearly, the current process is a bad one, but search via Siri is extremely limited to a few apps. I'm using ATV4 far less than I used my ATV3 and it's mostly because of *search*. Oddly, search is supposed to be a selling point of the ATV4. Please provide feedback via Apple's feedback channel (they don't read these forums): http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Why is the 4th gen apple tv not compatible with the iphone remote app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.