Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant download bootcamp or drivers. How do i remove vista from Mac?

Hey Guys....(Sigh)

I have a iMac with Yosemite. I recently installed windows vista with a half/half partition, but the Bluetooth, Ethernet, and Broadcom drivers were missing. Before having a chance to fix this, My wallet was stolen, which contained the flash drive with my partition setup. I've tried downloading the drivers to another flash drive, but windows cant "extract the files." and Broadcom wont turn on. I'm so angry and frustrated, all i want to do is GET RID OF THIS CRAPPY WINDOWS VISTA AND GET MY MAC BACK TO YOSEMITE. I've also tried downloading several versions of boot camp, which keep "installing" but still wont open I've even tried downloading these drivers, which "installation was complete" but they still had the yellow triangle in device manager. So I'm basically stuck with a mac that wont connect to the internet nor remove the partition. I'm so frustrated at this point. This is my 1st (and probably last) apple computer, I'm trying not to smash this thing. Please, I've literally tried everything. Can someone please provide me with a real, working link for boot camp compatible with vista and Yosemite, 32 bit, or provide steps for a factory reset or something. The next step is out to the curb for garbage.

iMac, Windows Vista, Yosemite basic

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 8:29 AM

23 replies

Nov 27, 2015 9:46 AM in response to KeeWho

If Ethernet and Wireless is not working due to missing drivers, you can try this method.

1. Download Paragon NTFS Trial version for Mac and install it.

2. From OSX side, run BCA and download drivers that are appropriate for your Windows version.

3. Please check Bootcamp.xml in the .zip file and check the line which has Product Version. If you get version 6.x, it will not work with Windows Vista. Ten you will need to download the drivers manually from Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support .

3. You will have read-write access to the BC/Windows partition after Paragon is installed.

4. Copy the download .zip file to a known location on the Windows partition , usually Documents will work.

5. Unzip and run setup.exe from Bootcamp folder.

Nov 27, 2015 9:58 AM in response to KeeWho

Please run

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and see if Alt/Option key works. In case there are issues and the underlying was modified, you may not see OSX, till the new issue can be corrected.

There is a utility called GPT Fdisk - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/ - which works on Windows as well. We can check/correct it from Windows side.

User uploaded file

Nov 27, 2015 4:54 PM in response to Loner T

I've been trying all day and I'm still stuck in Vista. I tried to install bootcamp AAGAIN because this seems to be the only thing that can help me, and the error message read "sisde by side configuration is incorrect" I've tried several other forums and have even called apple. I'm amazed that no one is able to help me. I've had the Mac for a week or so, and I'm thinking of putting it out for garbage Sunday night. I've had it.

I cant download bootcamp or drivers. How do i remove vista from Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.