Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will some of the songs on my Shuffle not play went I connect it by usb to my 2014 Harley radio? The songs all play through headphones.

I have about 200 songs on my Shuffle. When I connect it to my Harley Infortainment system via usb, the system only "reads" about 150 of the 200 and will not play the rest. I completely wiped everything clean on the Shuffle. Created new song list of around 150 songs. When I re-connected to the Harley system, the system "read" 109 of the 150. Again, it will not play the others.

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 4:28 PM

If there's a user guide for the Harley system (either physical or online), you should look at supported audio file formats. It may only support MP3. Perhaps the songs that work are MP3 and the ones that do not are AAC (and other formats). Or, it may be related to DRM (copy protection), IF you have a lot of really old iTunes Store song purchases in your iTunes library, from the early years when songs sold through the iTunes Store were required to have DRM. Those songs will not play on most non-Apple devices.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2015 4:28 PM in response to lazybee3561

If there's a user guide for the Harley system (either physical or online), you should look at supported audio file formats. It may only support MP3. Perhaps the songs that work are MP3 and the ones that do not are AAC (and other formats). Or, it may be related to DRM (copy protection), IF you have a lot of really old iTunes Store song purchases in your iTunes library, from the early years when songs sold through the iTunes Store were required to have DRM. Those songs will not play on most non-Apple devices.

Why will some of the songs on my Shuffle not play went I connect it by usb to my 2014 Harley radio? The songs all play through headphones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.