Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

you are unable to log in to FileVault user account at this time

I have just clean installed Snow Leopard, followed sound instructions on how to successfully, but I failed to turn off FileVault before hand. I followed further instructions to try and resolve this issue..... entered master password and changed the user password ok.... but then got an error message... You are unable to log in to the FileVault user account at this time. Followed by..... Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred?

I think FileVault may have kicked in during the clean install and when the computer shout down during the erase, and that is when I realised it was still on. I immediately stopped it then, but thinking it was too late and this may have caused the error.

I have 8 years of files and photo's that are locked out and desperate to get them back.... I should not have had FileVault on in the first place as security isn't a problem in my house!

Begging for help here guy's!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 9:36 AM

There are no replies.

you are unable to log in to FileVault user account at this time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.