Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to go in recovery mode on 6S?

I just received my silver 64 GB iPhone 6S in the mail today and I set it up and everything as a new iPhone because I wanted to start fresh. One of the steps was to make a 6-digit passcode which I did along side setting up touch ID. I then tried to unlock it only to forget the passcode so it disabled the iPhone and now every time i try to unlock it with touch id, it still tries to make me type in the passcode that I obviously forgot. I went on apple and saw the steps to delete everything off your iPhone using recovery mode so you can use it again and i followed them only to find that when it actually tries to restore it an error message pops up EVERY time! I also tried doing the iCloud thing but my phone can't connect to the internet because its disabled. Someone please help me this is really frustrating!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 2:30 PM

17 replies

Nov 27, 2015 5:21 PM in response to Chris_Haze

First, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed (12.3). Reboot your computer. Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus. Make sure you use a USB port directly on the computer, not a hub, and if it's a desktop or tower computer use a port on the back, not the front (unless it's a Mac). Restore using the Recovery Mode instructions. If you get an error, as the phone is new, take it to an Apple store for free service. Make an appointment first.

Nov 27, 2015 5:31 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I think the problem is iTunes isn't updated but I try to update it by going under iTunes>Check For Updates...>Update iTunes to 12.3.1>Download iTunes, but then it takes me to all the programs on the app store that need to be downloaded and iTunes isn't on there (picture attached is or proof)User uploaded filemy mac that need update and iTunes isn't on there

How to go in recovery mode on 6S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.