Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blank photo imports

I am operating my iMac using the following

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.1.

iMovie Version 10.1

Photos Version 1.2 (340.4.0) Digital Camera RAW 6.17 (825) Digital Camera RAW Support 617 (201)

I use iMovie to make slideshows, importing photos from Photo.

After updating to El Capitan some, but not all, photos are just showing up black in the Photos Library and black when dragged into the iMovie Timeline.

Is there a fix for this bug?

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2015 2:12 PM

I have a slightly different behavior, but it sure sounds like a bug that needs attention. For me the OS X slideshow using my Favorites folder from Photos often come up with blank images and then displays the next photo. I have about 400 favorites and I would say it happens about 10% of the time. I can see thumbnails of all in images in the photos app, so I have no idea why its doing this. As of this posting I am on 10.11.2 and the latest Photos version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2015 2:12 PM in response to julnol

I have a slightly different behavior, but it sure sounds like a bug that needs attention. For me the OS X slideshow using my Favorites folder from Photos often come up with blank images and then displays the next photo. I have about 400 favorites and I would say it happens about 10% of the time. I can see thumbnails of all in images in the photos app, so I have no idea why its doing this. As of this posting I am on 10.11.2 and the latest Photos version.

blank photo imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.