Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blood Glucose Graph in Health App needs improvement

My guess is that the person who worked on the Blood Glucose (BG) part of the Apple Health App lacks understanding of diabetes and its measurements.

There are a number of improvements that could be made:

1a. Fasting (morning before eating) BG needs to be distinguished from non-fasting. So, it's important to be able to mark a measurement as such. Fasting BG is a "floor" and an important one. Other measurements depend on when carbohydrates were recently eaten.

1b. It would be good if the graph showed these Fasting BG points in a separate color as well as connect the all Fasting BG points together. (Fasting BG should be fairly consistent)

2. Pre and Post meal BG also needs to be distinguished as separate colors. So, it's also important to know this.

3. Somebody elsewhere has noted that A1C1 measure would be a good data point to have. And it would be nice to have it on the same graph as BG. The reason why is A1C1 is essentially a long term average measure of BG whereas instantaneous BG measurements are less informative. Unfortunately, the A1C1 units are different from BG measurements.

4. The graph in portrait mode should have more horizontal lines. There appears to be a horizontal line that is the average, but this average is unlabeled.

5. On my particular graph, the max is 600 mg/dL. This is absurdly high and nowhere near my actual max (of 282). (BTW, It seems like the autoscale button doesn't work in a consistent way. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

7. The points on the daily, weekly, and yearly graph are plotted without regard to time. This is a loss of information not to mention an inefficient use of graph space. I suspect that the graph software is reusing the step data which does make sense to plot per day.

8. In landscape mode, there's no need to label non-zero values with the units (mg/dL), as it takes up space on the graph. It's fine to label 0 mg/dL since no points will overlap with that data.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:18 PM

1 reply

Blood Glucose Graph in Health App needs improvement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.