Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri search....

How do I search for my movies in my itunes local library with siri? it doesn't work on my 4th gen box.....

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 11:13 AM

5 replies

Nov 27, 2015 2:18 PM in response to MacRocker

Siri does not have visibility to personal media...

About Search on your Apple TV (4th generation) - Apple Support

When you look for content with Siri or the Search app, Apple TV checks these content providers, with more coming soon:

• United States: Movies and TV shows in iTunes, HBO GO, HBO NOW, Hulu, Netflix, SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME Anytime
  • Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and United Kingdom: Movies and TV shows available on the iTunes Store and Netflix
  • Other countries and regions: Movies in iTunes

Nov 27, 2015 8:32 PM in response to MacRocker

The "Basics" are to support search within the iTunes Store catalog and select 3rd party applications which are written to be compliant with Siri's search requirements. More 3rd party apps will be added over time as developers update their applications and services to allow for it.

As far as your personal content in iTunes how can Apple possibly know where this content came from or how you have it tagged and if you've followed standards or not. That is the issue with personal media files in iTunes.

Siri search....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.