Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Happened to Half Blue Dots, Chapter Markers?

Previous generations of Apple TV displayed unwatched shows & movies with a blue dot, and partially-watched programing with a half-dot -- so you would remember at a glance what you were watching last time on TV.

Now everything seems to have a blue dot for unwatched, no dot for watched... and the same **** whole blue dot for partially watched stuff.

Or am I missing something?

We also used to be able to use chapter markers to quickly zip to a favorite scene, which is great when you have small kids who want to watch the same stuff over and over. Those seem to have disappeared as well. Do we now really have to scan back and forth on the touch panel and pray for the best?

Or, again, am I missing something?

Someone please tell me if there are settings I've missed, or messed up, that would bring them back.

If Apple has completely ditched these two simple features, it's really a user-hostile move.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:56 PM

There are no replies.

What Happened to Half Blue Dots, Chapter Markers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.