Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background app refresh doesn't work

I've been having this problem for a long time but never really sorted out that it was a background refresh issue...

Non of my apps listed under background refresh in settings actually refreshes on their own. Its causing me all kinds of issues...

For example: I have a Misfit Shine device that I wear. The app is listed under background app refresh and I have it turned on. However, when I open the app it hasn't updated itself in days. In fact, it only tries to sync when I open the app.

I have the same issue with every single app listed in the background app refresh list. Nothing updates behind the scenes.

On a separate, but related note, the I have Trackr Bravo device on my keys. I should be listed as an option in the background app refresh list and it relies on this to work or it has no idea where your keys are located until you open the app and manually tell you to find your keys that second... which are in your pocket.

Something is clearly wrong with the phone or the iOS software. Like I said, none of the apps refresh. This includes the weather apps, the news apps... all of it.

Any ideas?

I'm running IOS 9.1 on a 128gb iPhone 6.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 12:50 PM

There are no replies.

Background app refresh doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.