Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pencil shading

On the Apple website there is a section about the Apple pencil. There is a section that shows photos of the pencil properties. The third photo shows the pencil being used to shade. The illustration shows the pencil being tilted to the right and shading only to the rightas a real lead pencil would. This is great, but how is this done? Nobody in the local Apple shop knows how it is done, and none of the apps on the demo iPad pro were able to shade as per the website photo. Most create a shading spread equally to both the left and right sides of the line being drawn when the pencil is tilted to the right or left. The closest I can get is using the Notes app pencil. This does seem to shade to the right of the line when the Apple pencil is tilted to the right, but the shading is very coarse, nothing like the shading in the website photo. As it is not possible to add more apps to the demo iPad pros in the Apple shops, it is not possible to test other drawing apps. I'm sure that Apple would not show an Apple pencil doing some thing that was not actually possible on their website, so I assume it must be using some other drawing app, but which one? Can anyone help? Many thanks.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 12:51 PM

There are no replies.

Apple pencil shading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.