Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone apps won't show in itunes

Hi. I have plugged me iphone into my mac and synced them. However, none of my apps are showing up. Have I done something wrong or missed something out?

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:50 PM

You download the (from iPhone) missing apps directly with your computer iTunes under Purchased

iOS 9 app thinning do not allow apps from iPhone to be a master copy on computer iTunes.

App thinning: Only the resources your device(s) needs will sync over saving space.

Before iOS 9, if you have an app that is compatible (universal) to iPhone & iPad, all the app resources are sync over.

Now, iPhone get the iPhone resources not those for iPad and vice versa.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 3:50 PM in response to greg_mc

You download the (from iPhone) missing apps directly with your computer iTunes under Purchased

iOS 9 app thinning do not allow apps from iPhone to be a master copy on computer iTunes.

App thinning: Only the resources your device(s) needs will sync over saving space.

Before iOS 9, if you have an app that is compatible (universal) to iPhone & iPad, all the app resources are sync over.

Now, iPhone get the iPhone resources not those for iPad and vice versa.

iphone apps won't show in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.