Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP laserjet 4240n

Dear Guys,

We have been using Windows Printer Server + Papercut for a long time. We decided to implement to control printing quotas from Mac. I read a Papercut documentation and I added different kind of printers, I tested it and it seems that's working fine.

We have a HP Laserjet 4240n printer and windows machines are able to print without problem, but it never do it when we tried to print from a Mac. I have tried with different Mac OS and Mac models and the same issue.

The way we installed and tested the printer is below:

On printer and scanners options, we add the " Advance" bottom option, then click on it and wait and click on "windows printer via spoolss".

the string I set is "smb://printservername/printername", then I search the driver and I selected "Laserjet 4200" (previous installed). Everything worked fine.

When I want to printout something, I supplied the user and password and I saw the Printer icon on the bottom waiting for the printer and sending the job to the printer.

Meanwhile, I traced the Printer spooler from the Windows Server, and the Server received the job from the Mac machines, Papercut registered the job sent by the user, and it sent the job to the printer. I checked the the drivers from the Server, and the Server has PS drivers.

Please, any hints about it?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 12:58 PM

There are no replies.

HP laserjet 4240n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.