Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MLB now can't use imessage

So, I just had my MLB replaced (known video issue Mac Book Pro-Retina Late 2012) by Apple Care.

Now, iMessage on my Mac Book Pro either delivers texts SMS or fails to deliver alltogether

Did the following...all with Apple Care help...

Verify Disk

Repair Disk

Repair Disk Permissions

Turned iMessage off/on - on all devices

Logged in and out of iCloud

What I finally noticed is that there are two Mac Book Pro's (same name) under Settings/iMessage/Text Message Forwarding. One of them is undoubtedly has the underlying ID of my original MLB (which is apparently linked to iMessage) and the other the ID of the new MLB.

Just to test the theory, I changed the name of my Mac Book Pro - a few seconds later (after putting in the security code) one of the names changed on the iPhone.

So what I think is happening, my old MLB id is tied to my iPhone - phone number, and my NEW MLB is tied to my apple-ID but not my iPhone phone number causing texts to be un-registered by the Apple servers...

Anyone ever seen this problem...Apple Care is still working on it but I thought maybe someone had a quicker solution

rm.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:30 PM

1 reply

New MLB now can't use imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.