Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting duplicate mailing labels when printing from a Contacts group. Not every name is duplicated. How do I solve this?

I'm getting duplicate mailing labels when printing from a Contacts group. Not every name is duplicated. How do I solve this?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Contacts prints each address for each contact in a group you select. This could be home, for example, and work. Or it could even be you have their same address entered twice as home. Or you could have duplicate contacts and need to delete some and keep the most relevant. If you don't have duplicate contacts, try File > Print > [show details at lower left if not already showing] > Label (from the three center options directly beneath style) > Addresses and select the category of address you want to use to make your labels.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 8:02 PM in response to Julie S.

Contacts prints each address for each contact in a group you select. This could be home, for example, and work. Or it could even be you have their same address entered twice as home. Or you could have duplicate contacts and need to delete some and keep the most relevant. If you don't have duplicate contacts, try File > Print > [show details at lower left if not already showing] > Label (from the three center options directly beneath style) > Addresses and select the category of address you want to use to make your labels.

Nov 27, 2015 8:08 PM in response to UGADog

Thank you. I discovered by looking at the cards for the duplicated names that there were duplicate addresses - all addresses labeled as "Other" - for each of the duplicates. There were never duplicate addresses in my cards before. Each had only one address labeled as "Home" the last time I printed these labels, and tonight none were labeled "Home". The last time I printed these was prior to the upgrade to El Capitan, so I have to believe it has something to do with that upgrade. I've manually corrected each of them, and relabeled the remaining address as "Home". I hope they stay that way!

Dec 18, 2016 1:07 PM in response to UGADog

So I have this same problem. Contacts got messed up and our christmas card list disappeared. We merged accounts (apple ID's) and I got duplicates in the list which only appear in the print menu. I have fixed this on the main list. Upon printing, even after I pick the home address I get duplicate addresses on the labels. Have any hints?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.