Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 sound stopped working. Phone is making loud static noise when playing something. What should I do?

HI folks. I have had this iphone 6 for about 5 months or so and I just got on it today and I wanted to play my music. I think no big deal. I have the sound up and the sound isn't working at all. Then I restart the music and it's just extreamly loud static noise so loud to the point it hurts my ears. It is making this noise when texting or anything sound oriented. I dont know if something is broken internally and I need a replacement. Seems like that might be the case. Anyone have a issue like this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 1:23 PM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2015 9:41 AM in response to Thedude120

You may not have to restore the device from iTunes to fix this issue! I had a friend who had a similar issue to this and all they had to do was restart the phone. To do this press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time until the screen goes black, then press and hold the power button to turn the phone back on. If this doesn't work and doing a full restore doesn't work, you may have to take the phone to apple. If they determine that the issue wasn't caused by physical damage to the device, they may repair it for free, even if out of warranty.

IPhone 6 sound stopped working. Phone is making loud static noise when playing something. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.