Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Flickering in my MacBook Air Late 2014 after removing it from full charge

I'm so attached to my MacBook Air ! Even if someone gives me a MacBook Pro highest end version in exchange to it I wouldn't accept it !

Today what happened was i had my MacBook charge for around 4 to 5 hours connected to the megsafe 2

after i removed it from charge I turned it on and found it to be ultra slow ! It was ultimately slow ! Later I got so tensed and restarted it !

Once it got turned back on the display started flickering too much and it said some safeboot in red color at the top bar for 2 seconds on the log in screen

I almost started to cry because there was heavy flickering in the screen and I really didnt want anyone to unscrew my baby MacBook Air ! :/

Later I turned it off and felt sad for a while and after 20 minutes I tried turning it on then it worked absolutely fine!

Now im typing this message from my MacBook Air

So I just wanted to know if this issue would persist or come back again later anytime ?? 😟

Many laptops might come might go but this one would remain my love ! So I dont want to loose it ! Pls do tell me if this is a serious issue or this wouldnt come again !

Thanks in advanced

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 8:18 PM

It's normal for the screen to flicker in safe mode, which is what happens when the shift key is held down during startup. Just restart as usual, without holding any keys.

2 replies

Screen Flickering in my MacBook Air Late 2014 after removing it from full charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.