Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a backup of my iphone 5 on my laptop using itunes today. I wanted to be able to restore an earlier version but can't.

I made a backup of my iphone 5 on my laptop using itunes today. I wanted to be able to restore an earlier version but can't. Beofre making my backup today, it used to say last backup: and then list two of them, one of which was what I want to use. So I thought there would be a running list and now there isn't. Can I not access that older version now? All of my photos (3000+) were on my backup and now I don't know how else to access them because my phone died and I lost them from there. But luckily, I had backed up my phone. However, when I went to access them today, I couldn't figure out how. So I started by backing up my phone again - just to be sure I didn't screw up anything. Because it appears you can't open a backup but instead have to restore it to your phone. Is there no other way to get to my photos???

iPhone 5, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:20 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 6:42 AM in response to stephaniefromboone

Hey stephaniefromboone,

If I understand correctly, you have an iPhone that died, and you want to restore it from an iTunes backup. When you say it died, did you have to restore it to factory? I would recommend you read this article, it may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you need help restoring from an iTunes Backup - Apple Support

There are a few reasons why there might not be any available iTunes backups for your iOS device:

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a good one.

I made a backup of my iphone 5 on my laptop using itunes today. I wanted to be able to restore an earlier version but can't.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.