Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small gap between the glass and bezel on iPad pro

I Noticed a small gap on the top left corner of the iPad Pro ( 128gb space grey WiFi) ,

the small gap can be seen as there are black scattered marks inside it which I assumed to be glue for the manufacturing process.

I Decided to take it to the Apple Store and get a re-placement. One of the staff was reluctant to give me a replacement but the store manager was kind enough to to offer me a replacement.

I Picked up the replacement the next day but unfortunately it had the same problem. I checked all the demo units in store and they seem to be seamless. Most of the demo units in store are 32gb unfortunately. I am assuming this is a manufacturing fault and it seems to happen that I have been getting two of the sa,e batches in the production line.

Does anyone one else have the same issue ?

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 2:54 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2016 8:10 AM in response to FilbertT

I've had thus problem too. I have replaced my iPad Pro three times and all have had the same issue. It seems harmless apart from being aesthetically annoying but it seems to cause a major problem with the screens strength, as in it warps under any slight pressure from either the finger or the Apple Pencil. I've yet to go back and replace it again. Could be a dodgy batch.

Aug 28, 2016 8:50 PM in response to The Hudson

Hey Hudson,

so did you manage to bring it back to apple and let them have a look at it ?

i find it extremely annoying to look at it sometimes as you can see dark marks which i assume is the glue to stick the glass on when viewed at certain angles on the ipad :S .

yeah same i ended up replacing my iPad 3 times but all of those are done within the same month. So i basically receive all the bad batches again.

Small gap between the glass and bezel on iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.