Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

strange finder behavior

I'm having trouble with finder finding files. These are files I've just created using a spreadsheet program.

I know the files there because if I try to overwrite them, I get an error message saying that the file exists, and do I want to overwrite it. I'm stumped. Please, any thoughts? Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:01 PM

3 replies

Nov 27, 2015 6:29 PM in response to stirling-dad

Your spreadsheet program is potentially confused, or the particular save sequence is not what the developers of the tool intended. With most OS X applications, ⌘S or File > Save would be chosen. Using a different path Save As or some other sequence would result in a collision with the existing name.

Which spreadsheet application, which version of OS X (old OS X worked a little differently here) and what is the command sequence being used to save the spreadsheet files (and which is generating the file collision / overwrite diagnostic)?

strange finder behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.