Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am i forced to constantly create a new project name from an old project?

Whenever I open up a project I have been working on, say from yesterday, GarageBand forces me to create a new name with a number attached to the current name. Then I have to delete my old project and rename the new one back to the old one. Isn't there some way I can work on a project I've already created without being forced to give it a new name over and over again? It's so frustrating and it seems so unnecessary.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 3:22 PM

Whenever I open up a project I have been working on, say from yesterday, GarageBand forces me to create a new name with a number attached to the current name.

That should only happen, if the projects you are opening have been created by a different version of GarageBand, for example, GarageBand iOS on an iPad. In that case GarageBAnd needs to create a converted version and saves the original, because the new version will no longer be readable by the other GarageBand version. Or, if the project you are trying to open is write protected.

Have you created the projects on a different device or from a different user account?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 3:22 PM in response to flashkube2

Whenever I open up a project I have been working on, say from yesterday, GarageBand forces me to create a new name with a number attached to the current name.

That should only happen, if the projects you are opening have been created by a different version of GarageBand, for example, GarageBand iOS on an iPad. In that case GarageBAnd needs to create a converted version and saves the original, because the new version will no longer be readable by the other GarageBand version. Or, if the project you are trying to open is write protected.

Have you created the projects on a different device or from a different user account?

Why am i forced to constantly create a new project name from an old project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.