Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since update installed for samsung printers, nov 3, printer is always not connected. Any clue?

November 3 2015, new update concerning Samsung printers. Before updating, no problem meaning that the printer

remained connected and ready for printing.

Since then, printer is always in the non-connected mode. I do my best meaning: re-power the printer

In Apple-Preference-Printer, select the printer

Its a wi-fi printer. I deinstalled everything then reinstalled the drivers, choosing the cable option, not the wi-fi.

No change.

Someone has a solution please.

Rosette

null-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Samsung Printer model 2070FW

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 2:01 PM

Was the update from Samsung or someplace else?

Barry

6 replies

Nov 30, 2015 1:34 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hello Barry,

After reading your suggestion this morning, I applied it this afternoon.

1- I deinstalled all software from iMac using Clean My Mac software.

2- Then in system preference - printers/scanners menu, I pressed + to let Apple software discover what was connected (I used the cable) and then the add button. But before I did all that, I must say that I rebooted the printer (power off/on).

3- The Mac did find the printer and now all is fine.

Thank you sir, its wonderful to have good persons like you. Have a good day!

N.B. I hope my english writing is good enough.

Since update installed for samsung printers, nov 3, printer is always not connected. Any clue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.