Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9.1 wifi password

I have an iPhone 6, using iOS 9.1

Often when I log onto a wifi network, the password dialog window does not show up. Example: at Detroit airport, there is a free wifi network. I join the network through Settings > Wi-Fi > and by selecting the network. The service is free, but you need to watch a video and select "accept and continue" on an internet page to connect. When I go to safari, I am unable to reach that page. This issue happens often in Starbucks and other public wifi networks.

Troubleshooting steps:

1) Tried opening a new page in Safari. It just hung there.

2) Closed Safari and reopened it. Same result.

3. Switched to airplane mode and then switched it off. iPhone automatically reconnected to the wi-fi network. I reopened Safari, same result.

Any easy way to solve this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 2:33 PM

6 replies

Nov 27, 2015 2:56 PM in response to jcr_sf

Once you have gone to Settings > WiFi and selected the network you want, sit in that state. Wait for the connection to occur. Test your patience ... wait some more in that state for a login box to open. Do not enter Safari until a long time has elapsed after the WiFi connection is made. Sit and be patient at Settings > WiFi.

ios 9.1 wifi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.