Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand 10-1 will not install

Downloaded the newest GarageBand (I'm upgrading from 5.1), but even though it downloaded (and the App Store says it’s ‘installed), under Apps, it's still showing version 5.1. I tried downloading version 6, thinking maybe the upgrade needed to happen from that version, but I got a message that said it's not possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Matthew

MacBook Pro 10-9-5

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:56 PM

Ends up that even though it had 'downloaded', other files were being still downloaded in the background. Several hours after the initial download, I finally got the screen attached here. SO, if this happens to you, just give it some time. Bad user experience the way the upgrade was designed, but it does work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 7:56 PM in response to Matthew Porter1

Ends up that even though it had 'downloaded', other files were being still downloaded in the background. Several hours after the initial download, I finally got the screen attached here. SO, if this happens to you, just give it some time. Bad user experience the way the upgrade was designed, but it does work.

GarageBand 10-1 will not install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.