Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect TC to BTHub-3 network wirelessly without using ethernet cable because BTHub is not accessible.

Please can someone provide step by step instructions because I am at a complete lost. All I wish to do is use the TC as a Time Machine to back up my work and download my iTunes library therefore I can connect to TM & iTunes directly from the TC.

I live in an shared apartment and the internet access is provided by the landlord with access to the BTHub broadband router locked away, therefore I am unable to connect the TC via ethernet.

Every time I try and connect the TC I manage to create a new network with access to the TM via wirelessly but I cannot connect to the internet from this network unless I manually change it back to the BT wireless network from my Macbook.

Please help.

AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 4:27 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 5:16 PM in response to u9lygho5t

u9lygho5t wrote:

Every time I try and connect the TC I manage to create a new network with access to the TM via wirelessly but I cannot connect to the internet from this network unless I manually change it back to the BT wireless network from my Macbook.

Please help.

Your TC cannot join wirelessly to the network.. so what you want to do is simply impossible.

Apple designed their airport range to NOT work with any other brand..

What you can do is use an Airport Express in wireless bridge mode (apple call it client mode).. and plug that into the WAN port of the TC and use it in double NAT.. this is not good but it can work.. Any wireless bridge can accomplish the same thing. And for half the price but often apple people like apple products.. and don't cope well with the rest of the world.

The alternative is to use ethernet to the TC.. it is a bit complex but can be done

If you want the instructions just ask.

In point of fact it would be better to simply buy a USB drive and plug that into your Mac.. It is faster and more reliable than using a TC in a network.. but up to you.

How to connect TC to BTHub-3 network wirelessly without using ethernet cable because BTHub is not accessible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.