Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro external monitor connection.

Hi, Everyone.

I have just purchased a Philips BDM4065UC, a 40" 4K monitor. The monitor has different connectors including one Mini DisplayPort but I can't seem to get it to work. I have read on a few online reviews that the monitor comes with the DisplayPort set to version 1.1 and in order to work at 60 Hz it must be manually set to version 1.2 since version 1.1 only supports 30 Hz. My computer is a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Early 2015) purchased recently (a few months ago). It has 2 Thunderbolt ports and the specs state that its graphics card can support up to 2 external 4K monitors (Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB). I used a Thunderbolt cable (Apple brand) to connect the notebook and monitor but they don't recognize one another.

The monitor also has a HDMI port and a DisplayPort. Does anyone have any experience working with this monitor ? Would it make a difference if I used a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter/cable or a DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort adapter/cable to connect the two ? Will the DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable drive the monitor at the 60 Hz preferred frequency ?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 8:55 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro external monitor connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.