Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto deleting

Dumb question... When I try to delete a photo from my iPhone 6s or from my husband's iPhone 6, the message on the delete photo button states This Photo Will Be Deleted From iCloud Photo Library on all devices. Does this mean that the photo is gone forever from everywhere including iCloud Library (never to be accessed again)? My husband's iPhone has no memory left and we need to delete something but we don't want to delete & lose the photos & videos on his phone (lots of work pictures & vacation pictures). We've uploaded them to our MacBook Pro and it looks like they live in the ICloud Photo Library. Or should I just download/save them to an old-school thumb drive?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 4:30 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 5:02 PM in response to mmcallahan1981

Yes - if you use iCLoud Photo library you have a single library shared amount many devices using iCloud and every change made on any device is made on all devices - for devices with limited storage select to use optimized photos on that device which should keep memory requirements low giving you adequate space for other programs and data

LN

Iphoto deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.