Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Marking up existing text with the Apple Pencil and Pages

I am a high school teacher who currently uses Notability to markup text (my students' papers) while on the iPad Pro. Just wondering if Pages has a feature that will allow marking up existing text on a document while using the Apple Pencil as MS Word proports to have. The nice folks at the Apple store couldn't find anything, so I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone else has any ideas about the matter. Thank you.

Funny that I can't select a product below because the iPad Pro option is not available.

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 5:56 PM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2015 5:54 AM in response to Purnie

Unless you have discovered Pages for IOS interoperability with the Apple Pencil, then it likely does not exist. Whether that is in the Pages for IOS product planning is known only to the Pages for IOS product team.

For several years, Apple has been including Ink in OS X. Ink is a additional capability that is provided via a dynamic System Preferences panel when OS X senses that an external tablet (e.g. Wacom) has been connected to the Mac. It will transcribe written or printed text from a Wacom pen to be input into Word and Pages. The Apple Pencil was designed expressly for IOS recognition. Any compatibility plans for OS X and the Ink technology would be known only to the respective Apple product teams.

Marking up existing text with the Apple Pencil and Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.